“You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.” – Charles Robert Buxton
Most often, people complain of no time to do this or that most especially if they don’t want to.
This kept resounding in my mind over a period of time now.
I believe in the saying that when a man really wants to do something, he will create time for it but when he does not want to do it, he will give an excuse.
This article will reveal to you why people failed to honour their initial plan or cancel their plans. Read till the end and write your comment in the comment box below.
1. Poor Self-esteem: There are people who find no reason they should do what they set aside for a particular time because they lack self-esteem.
2. Lack of passion: Not everyone that has a passion for what they are called to do or what they set aside to do at a particular time. They live or do things the way they want and when they want. They use this to sideline their progress and achievement. Let your passion show even in mundane tasks. Decide what is important to you. If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing right and doing well.
3. Discouragement: Oftentimes, this has been one of the major reasons I boycott certain actions most especially when I have tried several times and all I get is the opposite side of success. Discouragement has plaque many into unmoving or unflowing swamps.
4. Rationalization: Winners might analyze, but they never rationalize. Losers rationalize and have a book full of excuses to tell you why they couldn’t succeed.
5. Wrong timing: This is another major reason why many people failed to stick with their time. This happens when you fail to confirm your schedule before you allocate time for a particular action. Always check if the availability of the time you are allocating to a particular hour is available before you allocate it or else, two or more schedules may collide.
6. Better option: A better option that is far better than the initial plan set could change a planned action but sometimes, people tend to take options that are available because of certain factors while neglecting the initially planned action. This is my take here before you let another planned action take the initial place of your set time, kindly weigh the options very well.
7. Lack of Persistence: More people fail not because they lack knowledge or talent but because they just quit. It’s important to remember two words: persistence and resistance. Persist in what must be done and resist what ought not to be done.
8. Financing: If the plan involves financing or funding before it can be done, people may let the planned action go. Money is another part that can let a planned action go.
9. Past mistake and poor result: If there is a history of a past mistake or poor result, it can lead someone to boycott its initial planned.
10. Lack of Discipline: Anyone who has accomplished anything worthwhile has never done it without discipline. Discipline takes self-control, sacrifice and avoiding distractions and temptations. It means staying focused therefore, stay focus on your planned action till the end.
11. Fatalistic Attitude: A fatalistic attitude prevents people from accepting responsibility for their position in life. They attribute success and failure to luck. They resign themselves to their fate, regardless of their efforts, that whatever has to happen will happen anyway.